Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What NOT to say...

To a 39 week pregnant woman.

- "You're still here??"- Does it LOOK like I'm still here??? (Most popular by co-workers)

- "You haven't had that baby yet??" -Actually, I just gave birth during my lunch break. She's in the car waiting on me!! (Also common amongst co-workers)

- "When's your last date?"- Are you planning a big going away party for me or something? Otherwise, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (Again, by co-workers)

- "Your life will never be the same"- No, kidding??? I mean, its only a human life that will be solely dependent on every small decision I make...even going to the bathroom.

- "Sleep now while you can, you won't get the chance ever again!"- If I COULD sleep that would be great, thank you!

- "She'll come when she's ready"- Really?? Didn't realize that. That definitely helps all the aches, pains and discomforts disappear! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

- "Tell her not to come until I can get there!"- Of course, because we definitely don't want to inconvenience YOU in anyway!! Heck, Why don't I just wait until AFTER Christmas, so that's less Christmas presents you'll have to shop for!"

And the #1 thing to NEVER say to a 39 week pregnant woman.....(drum roll)

- "You sure are BIG!!!" -Well, geez, I am carrying a human life inside of me. What's you're excuse CHUBS?? (This is particularly inappropriate if you're BEHIND the pregnant woman)


3 comments:

Lori said...

lol!! I think most of us who've had a baby have been there! The good news is that you will be holding that baby in your arms in no time :).
Keep your eye on the prize!

three little monsters said...

I love this post and I hope your co-workers can veiw it too! I hope this next week flies for you and you have your baby in your arms soon!

Just Julie said...

The sleep thing is so true and so cruel....you want to get it, but you are so friggin uncomfortable its not possible to sleep. Abi is gorgeous!