Good-bye O'Charley's heavenly rolls (my only craving throughout this whole thing). Good-bye cheesecake icecream. Good-bye my daily dose of Dr. Pepper. Good-bye all my true loves of carbs and sugar. I have been put on a "diet". I figured it would happen eventually. But I'm not allowed to gain anymore weight. This is going to be so hard. I simply don't have the discipline. I've been thin my whole life and have never had to worry about watching my weight. I'm one those people that could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight. So, I guess its payback. I'm always hungry anyway, which has contributed to my weight gain, I'm sure. So everyone needs to stay clear of me even more now! I'm not pleasant when I'm hungry. And I have a feeling that will be the norm for awhile.
Will and I had one last hurrah last night. Will fixed hamburgers and hotdogs then we went and got icecream for dessert. We should have gone out for a huge Italian dinner with tiramisu cheesecake for dessert. But, we're on a budget. I will request that as my first post-partum meal. Then we had a little bit of retail therapy. We bought Baby Girl a bunch of clothes. I could spend so much time looking at baby clothes now. And, honestly, Will is no different! In fact, I think he enjoys shopping for her more than I do!
Everything else is good, though. The baby is measuring small. If she keeps it up, she'll be a 6-7 pounder. Not too surprising since I was 6lbs 13.5 oz when I was born. So, unfortunately, my weight gain isn't attributed to being all baby, probably just all belly. She's like her mama...she likes her space.
Oh, and when I got off the doctor's table and stood up, he said, "Oh! You're a lot bigger standing up!" Thanks, Buddy, as if you hadn't made me feel fantastic about myself enough as it is...
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
I was on a diet the last term of my pregnancy bec of GD. The flip side is that you'll have less to lose post baby :) I know it's still fun to eat huh. I got used to it eventually and discovered that I don't have to starve...just needed to eat the right food.
Post a Comment