Friday, August 1, 2008

Next Month!!

It is now August, which means sometime next month I will be holding my little girl! Craziness! There have been times that it felt like the day would never come (especially lately). But now that I'm just 40 days until her Estimated Date of Arrival, I'm kind of freaking out a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the day that I get to meet my daughter. But my entire life will change! I thought it has changed a lot as it is just from being pregnant. I mean, the day you find out there is a little human being growing inside of you, and depending on you for nutrition, etc [almost] all selfishness disappears. But we can still drop everything we're doing and go out to dinner or spend the day at the movies, which we often do. And before I got pregnant, we were able to drop everything we were doing and hop on a plane and take a mini-European vacation. Next month, that will all come to a screeching halt. I won't even be able to go to the bathroom without thinking about another human being. The thought of how much one human life will depend solely on me terrifies me. God entrusted me with this little life! What an honor! But it terrifies me! What if I can't cut it?

Will and I pray for her everyday. That she will grow up to be a mighty woman of the Lord. That her confidence won't be in anyone or anything but Christ Himself. But we need prayer too. That we will be the Godly example God has called us to be. And that we will be an encouragement to her and love us the way Jesus has loved us. And that she will always know that know one, except the Lord, will love her and adore her as much as we do.

None of it seems quite real yet, but next month, it will all be reality.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Amanda, I'm right there with you girl! I'm one week behind you and I am feeling some of the same things you are! I'm thrilled to meet my son in 6 weeks (assuming he comes on his due date of 9/17)...but at the same time it's so much to absorb its mind boggling! I can tell by your comments that you and your hubby are strong Christians, like me and my hubby, and that alone tells me we'll be just fine! Hang in there...if you need to vent I'm here! Stefanie